- Large sewing needle
- Thread – crochet cotton is ideal
- Colored tissue paper
- Round cookie cutter or cup about two inches in diameter
- Trace circles on the tissue paper with your cup and pencil (try not to waste any paper).
- Cut out your paper circles. You will need lots of different colored circles to make a really bright garland.
- Hold each circle of paper in the center. Pinch it out a little and twist it once.
- Thread your needle with a piece of thread long enough to hang around your neck.
- Tie a big knot about four inches from the end of your thread.
- Thread the paper twists onto the needle. Be careful as you push them down the thread.
- Arrange the twists to look pretty.
- When you have threaded all the twists of paper, or when you have nearly filled the thread, take the needle off the thread.
- Tie the two ends of the thread together and try on your garland!